12.30.2012

Mosquito Swatting Championships


"It’s hard to believe that a country as cold as Finland is during the winter could have mosquitoes in the summer but up here in the north they are quite prevalent. They are also quite annoying. I say this sitting here scratching several bites I got last night whilst sleeping.
There is a local ‘sport’ the people around here tell me about which involves standing naked in the forest with a slice of buttered bread and trying to catch as many mosquitoes as you can,but thankfully that is not what’s involved in the world championships. Although I don’t think I’d have been too surprised if it were.

The mosquito swatting championships are very simple. Each contestant gets five minutes to swat as many mosquitoes as they can."


No comments:

Post a Comment